2016 has been an amazing year for open source projects. As Mozilla is one of the biggest open source foundation, people tend to involve with this organization. In 2016 from Bangladesh , a lot of events regarding Mozilla ‘s innovations and projects happened. I was one of those few lucky person to got to attend those events.
- My first Mozilla event of 2016 was “Firefox 45.0 Beta 3 TestDay” on 5th february. The event took place at ‘Daffodil University , Dhaka . The main purpose of the event was to test the 45 th version of Firefox Beta. We tested the features of the browser and filed bugs about the problems we found.
- Mozilla Firefox Campaign: Firefox Clinic at BRAC University was organized by BRAC University Mozilla Club on 17 february , 2016. To support Firefox and other Mozilla products usage experience and to solve the problems of the users the event was organized. The event was open for all BRAC University people.
- In match 18 , 2016 BRAC University Mozilla Club organized “SuMo Online Glossary Building Sprint”. It was an online event. The participants contributed to SUMO from their home. A lot of strings were localized throughout the event.
- In may 20 , 2016 , Mozilla QA Bangladesh , organized “ Bug Marathon , Dhaka” . The main purpose of the event was to teach the contributor of Mozilla QA Bangladesh about Bug Verification. We got to see live examples of how bug verification is done in Mozilla for Firefox browser. Then the best contributors of the community got awarded with swags and gifts.
- In june 17,2016 Mozilla QA Bangladesh organized “Mozilla QA Bangladesh Community Iftar”. The contributors of Mozilla QA Bangladesh participated in the iftar. We shared some light moments in that nice evening.
- Mozilla QA Bangladesh also organized “Mozilla QA Bangladesh: Train the Trainers V1.0” Eastern University , Dhaka on july 29, 2016. This event was mainly to teach the mentors of the community so that they can they can teach the fresh members of the community to contribute to Mozilla QA more easily
- MozillaBD2ndMidPlan was organized to ensure the growth of “Mozilla Bangladesh” as a community. The event took place on 29 july, evening in Dhaka, Bangladesh . The reps and contributors of Mozilla Bangladesh were present there and all of them together planned for the next 6 month’s activities of the community.
- Mozilla QA Bangladesh organized a “Eid before meetup“ to share some jolly moments and to plan about the next steps after Eid.
- “Firefox QA Hack Day, Dhaka” was organized by Mozilla QA Bangladesh on 23rd september,2016 at Daffodil International University,Dhaka. The participants learnt about testing and “web compatibility and testpilot add-on ” throughout the event.
- Web Compat and Firefox Test Pilot Sprint : Train the Trainers was organised by Mozilla QA Bangladesh on 14th october, 2016 at [বিশ্বসাহিত্য কেন্দ্র] to teach the mentor of the community about web compatibility and testpilot add-on so that they can teach the other members.
- Test Pilot DIIT was another successful event by Mozilla QA Bangladesh on 12th november, 2016 . The students of DIIT were present. We did testings on testpilot add-on and were able to find some bugs in testpilot add-on and the bugs were filed in github.
- “Mozilla QA: Bug Day, Dhaka ” was organised by Mozilla QA Bangladesh on 25th November 2016 at Daffodil International University , Dhaka. The participants did testing of Firefox Beta and they were also taught about “Bug Verification ” by the mentors of the community. The contributors who did excellent job through contribution got t-shirt as gift.
- “Mozilla Bangladesh” organized ” WebVRDhaka” on december 10 , 2016 . In the event the participants got to learn about web pages with Virtual Reality. The presenters showed creating home page with “A-Frame” which is a project of Mozilla VR. Then the participants had the pleasure of getting live demo of VR webpages with VR Box. Then the participants were offered.
- We , the contributors of Mozilla QA Bangladesh ended the year 2016 with a happy note on 31st december with the event Event Blogging: Document your activities! and we celebrated our togetherness and success as a community and functional team of Firefox . The contributors did talked about their contributions throughout the year and took some tips on blog writing from our very own , Ikram vai, the representative of Mozilla QA Bangladesh .
At a glance of my contributions :
- TestDay participation – 28 TestDay
- BugDay participation – more than 23
- Total Bug verificaiton – 123
- Total bugs filed – 8 (Bugzilla)
- Total bugs filed – 9 (Github)
- Events – 15 +