When you use Firefox, all of your cookies, bookmarks and other things are saved under a specific profile. When you try to test any feature of a new Firefox and open the new Firefox with previous profile, the chance of getting accurate testing result is very low. That is why we need to create new profile before testing the features of a new Firefox and then open the new Firefox with the new profile.
Now we are going to learn how to create new profile in Firefox :
1. Firefox of all go to your desired Firefox folder. (If you have zipped Firefox, then you need to unzip it, and then go inside of the unzipped folder)
2. Then hold the shift button (of your keyboard) and the right button of the mouse( both of the job has to be done at the same time ).
For Linux based operating systems, you just need to go inside Firefox folder and click the right button of the mouse to get the pop-up.
3. Then you will be able to see a pop-up into your screen
4. There will be a lot of option there
5 (a). If you are in Windows operating system and your Windows version is previous of Windows 10 ( windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 ), you will find an option called ” OPEN COMMAND WINDOW HERE ” in the pop-up. Select that option. A command prompt will be opened.
5(b) If you are in Windows 10 or more higher Windows version, in the pop-up you will see option called “Open PowerShell window here”. Select that option. A command prompt will be opened.
5(c ). In Linux you will find option called “”OPEN IN TERMINAL”. Select that and press enter.
6(a). In low Windows versions, you need write the following code in the command prompt & press enter :
firefox -no-remote -p
6(b). In Windows 10 or higher Windows version or & in Linux write the following code and press enter :
./firefox -no-remote -p
7. Now you will see another pop-up . Select “Create Profile” option.
8. A profile wizard will come then. Select Next.
9. Then enter your desired profile name and click finish(do not press any other button).
10. Now select the newly created profile with mouse and then click “Start Firefox” or ” Start Nightly” (which ever name comes)
Now you just will find a new Firefox browser opened with new profile. Which means this Firefox has no cookies, bookmarks or junk files which will ensure accurate testing results.
Thanks for reading…….